Broad Horizons Speech Therapy strives to help provide your child with quality and effective speech and language therapy while maximizing their ability to become lifelong communicators. Many parents have initial questions regarding their child’s speech and/or language skills and where to go for help. Below you will find some common early indicators of possible speech/language disorders, however if you have concerns that are not mentioned in this list we would love to schedule a Free Consultation with you to discuss your concerns more thoroughly. We are here to help!
- Less than 75% of what your child says is not understood by listeners.
- Your child has limited vocabulary consisting of less than 20 words.
- Difficulty completing simple tasks with one step directions.
- Frequent repeating of words or sounds when speaking.
- Trouble understanding and answering simple questions when reading books or communicating.
- Reduced engagement during play activities has been observed.