We have great news for parents and caregivers of Florida! Your child may be eligible for the Family Empowerment Scholarship (formerly Gardiner Scholarship) and receive speech therapy online from the comfort of your home or directly in person. This scholarship serves to meet the individual academic and therapeutic needs of Florida children with disabilities ages 3-22 (or 12th grade; whichever comes first).
If your child qualifies to receive the Family Empowerment Scholarship you can purchase services from an approved provider to receive services in person or online. Great news, Broad Horizons Speech Therapy is an approved provider!
Considering applying for the Family Empowerment Scholarship?
Here’s how to know if your child is eligible:
- Residency: Must live in the state of Florida
- Age: Students must be at least 3 or 4 on or before Sept 1. Students entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before Sept 1. Students entering first grade must be 6 on or before Sept 1.
- IEP: Applicant must have an Individualized Education Program
- Disabilities: A number of diagnoses are covered including but not limited to:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Being a high-risk child
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- Emotional or Behavioral Disability
- Hearing Impairment, including deafness
- Hospital or homebound
- Identification as dual sensory impaired
- Intellectual disability
- Language Impaired
- Muscular dystrophy
- Other Health Impaired
- Phelan-McDermid syndrome
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- Rare diseases
- Specific learning disability (including but not limited to dyslexia, dyscalculia, or developmental aphasia)
- Speech Impaired
- Spina bifida
- Traumatic brain injury
- Visually impaired, including blindness
- Williams syndrome
5. School: Applicant must be enrolled in a private school or participating in a home school program
Already a Family Empowerment Scholarship recipient?
Broad Horizons Speech Therapy is a certified DIRECT and APPROVED Family Empowerment Scholarship provider. We have reached students all over the state of Florida in person as well as by delivering speech language therapy and evaluations online. Our team is composed of highly-skilled speech language pathologists with many years of experience delivering in-person and online speech therapy to children with unique abilities. Services include speech, language, and social skills therapy. We value how important family support is to your child’s success and also provide parent coaching for children who are not able to directly engage in therapy online. Our therapists will show parents and caregivers directly what to do and say, how to talk, and listen to your child.
Learn more about the services we can provide for your child and contact us anytime to learn more about how we can help you and your family.